T-Minus 36 Days Until Chi Alpha 2019 Kicks Off! Whaaaaat?!?!
Cannot believe in a little over a month we will kick off the most fun weekend of the year! Mark down Thursday, February 14th-Sunday February 17th for Chi Alpha 2019. We will be led throughout the weekend by our very own Missions Pastor, Richard Covington, and by the same band that joined us at Student Camp 2018, The Jarryd Foreman Band. We trust the leadership of these men and are very excited to partner with them.
Our theme for Chi Alpha 2019 is UPRISING, which has the goal of helping students understand what it looks like for them to walk confidently in Christ and rise up for His name, renown and glory wherever their feet fall. Students will go through the weekend with a small group of their peers that will be led by a young adult leader and will be staying at a host home of a family from our church. Chi Alpha is chock-full of fun, community and worship of Christ!
Instead of trying to use our own words help you understand the value of Chi Alpha in the lives of students, we want to share a testimony from one of our 8th grade girls, Kaylee Tye! Check it out–
Chi Alpha was a super fun experience, and I learned so much. The worship probably convicted me the most. God speaks to me through music, and during worship, it’s just me and Him. In those moments, I felt closest to God. Instead of just singing along to songs like I did years before, I really listened to the words of the song, and just thought about if I could apply it to my own life. Surrendering all to him. Why? Because He made the ultimate sacrifice for me, a sinner. I knew all this before, but I’d never thought about it like that. If Jesus gave his life for me, can’t I give mine to Him? God really convicted me that.
So, how can you help?
- Pray. Please pray for the preparation and for all the participants from someone preparing a meal for students to the guy up front teaching the Word.
- Serve. Whether you are a behind-the-scenes helper or one that would like to be part of the action, there’s a place for you. We mobilize 3 teams to better serve teenagers during the weekend. These are administrative, logistics, and host teams. Ideally, the host team is where we want our Bible Fellowship leaders serving because you know our kids and you will be strategically placed to invest in and counsel them throughout the weekend. Read below to sign up!
- Administrate: Help serve with us during the weeks of prep leading up to Chi Alpha. Email Rebecca Peak at email@example.com if you are interested in this!
- Logistics: Help during the weekend with luggage, parking, recreation, breakfast delivery, decoration, clean up, etc. Email Rebecca Peak at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this!
- Host: Open your home to a small group of students and their leaders, providing them an environment where discipleship can flourish. Also, you will have the opportunity to take part in the entire weekend to learn, worship, fellowship and play alongside the students. SIGN UP HERE!
- CoHost: Transport, and if you can, embed with your assigned group to hang out with them all weekend. SIGN UP HERE!
Your involvement in Chi Alpha is vital. The weekend could not go on without you joining in the fun! Plus, it is an incredible opportunity to continue investing into the lives of the teenagers you are leading and to see God move in mighty ways! So, mark you calendars, February 14-17, 2019, and pray about how God desires for you to serve at Chi Alpha 2019!