THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING…
What will the students and guest be learning at Chi Alpha 2018? They will be learning the Gospel truth of 2 Corinthians 5:17:
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
Knowing THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING for the Christ follower. And Heights adults all generations can help the Heights students and their guests receive the full benefit of this teaching.
The 9th grade class of 2021 experienced their first Chi Alpha weekend 2 years ago and they were awestruck by how real, tangible and BIG our God is. And they are already anticipating what God will do through Chi Alpha as they dig in to His Word, experience the movement of the Spirit of God and grow in community together.
Check out what they’re anticipating for Chi Alpha 2018:
“I love Chi Alpha because I get to get closer to Jesus and learn where I stand in my faith. I also like being able to hang out with my friends and get closer to them.” -Sam
“I love chi alpha because it brings a whole student church community together to have one purpose that weekend, that purpose being learn, worship, and share the word. I’m extremely excited about this year because we high schoolers get to go serve the community and I love going to spend time with the kids and help teaching them. I love the bonding that happens during chi alpha and all the good group discussion we have with our groups.” -Collen
“I love Chi Alpha because it is just such a fun and meaningful time that you get to spend with your best friends and really experience a closeness with God that’s unlike any other event. The worship and conversation is so deep and the messages has such an impact on us. Chi Alpha resets us for the rest of the year and fulfills us to go out and be the light we are called to be. It’s the most fun weekend of the whole year with all the crazy things we do and late nights!” -Elle
“I love Chi Alpha because it’s a great way to A) grow closer to Jesus and learn more about Faith and B) spend time with your friends from church!” – Kylie
Chi Alpha would not make this kind of impact on students without the full support of the entire church body. This ministry is strengthened by the adults that pray for, volunteer with and disciples it’s students. The Heights Church plays a vital role for the Heights Student Ministry and we are grateful and need your continued support for Chi Alpha 2018.
So, how can you help?
- Pray. Please pray for the preparation and for all the participants from someone preparing a meal for students to the guy up front teaching the Word.
- Serve. Whether you are a behind-the-scenes helper or one that would like to be part of the action, there’s a place for you. We mobilize 3 teams to better serve teenagers during the weekend. These are administrative, logistics, and host teams. Ideally, the host team is where we want our Bible Fellowship leaders serving because you know our kids and you will be strategically placed to invest in and counsel them throughout the weekend. Read below to sign up!
- Administrate: Help manage details that lead up to the greatest weekend of the year.
- Logistics: Help during the weekend with luggage, parking, recreation, food, decoration, clean up, etc.
- Host: Open your home to a small group of students and their leaders, providing them an environment where discipleship can flourish. Also, you will have the opportunity to take part in the entire weekend to learn, worship, fellowship and play alongside the students. SIGN UP HERE!
- CoHost: Transport, and if you can, embed with your assigned group to hang out with them all weekend. SIGN UP HERE!
Your involvement in Chi Alpha is vital. It is a key building block for the bright future of the Heights Student Ministry. So, please mark you calendars, February 15-18, 2018, pray about how God will best use you over the weekend and sign up!
Contact Christy Butler, email@example.com, with any questions.