This past Sunday we had our final Heights Students Leaders meeting of 2018. At the meeting, we shared a list of thankfuls compiled from blurbs of gratitude that students sent in when asked how leaders have impacted them and their relationship with Jesus. We wanted to type these up and send them along for you to have to read on the long and hard days of ministry.
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY LEADERS BECAUSE…
- They help me realize I am not alone and there are people who love and care for me when I don’t deserve it.
- They help me embrace the community of Christ followers that the Lord has placed around me.
- They have taught me to be bold and confident in my faith.
- They welcome me into their home and family.
- They support me through the stressful roller coaster that is high school.
- They encourage me to dive deeper into God’s Word and serve Him.
- They model what it looks like to have an incredible relationship with Jesus.
- They challenge me to think more about what I believe and why.
- They help me learn to fight lies with Truth.
- They are intentional.
- They teach with passion and long for people to see God.
- They live out their faith and show me what it looks like to be used by God.
- They show me the value and power of prayer.
- They share their testimony with me and teach me to share mine with others.
- They are honest and vulnerable with me.
- They teach me to read and interpret God’s Word and see myself as Christ does.
- They sit and joke with me, but also love to have good, deep discussions.
- They demonstrate what it looks like to walk on fire and in love with Jesus, falling more in love with Him every day.
This is the good stuff, folks. Thank the Lord for the privilege of ministering to these teenagers and for using us, by His grace, to help them grow in their understanding of God and walk in a manner worthy of the gospel.
It brings us no greater joy than to watch each of you love Jesus supremely and be disciples who are making disciples who are making disciples. Our prayer for you as we head into 2019 is this: “Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart.” (2 Cor. 4:1). May God bless you richly this Christmas season and stir up in you an even deeper love for Him and His people!