This past Sunday we got the joy of meeting together as leaders to be encouraged, equipped and to spur one another on in love. For the equipping portion of the meeting, we talked about following up with students. In the meeting we shared some ideas of texts that you can send to students to follow up in different scenarios.We wanted to share these texts for you to have on hand as you follow up with your students!
FOLLOWING UP WITH FIRST TIME GUESTS
1) Introduce yourself
2) Express your excitement that they came to visit
3) Check in to see how their experience was and if they have any questions. This is a great opportunity to invite them to join next Sunday or at Switch or Huddles.
FOLLOWING UP WITH STUDENTS THAT HAVE BEEN ABSENT
1) Introduce yourself (just in case they don’t have your number saved).
2) Let them know that you care for them and have missed them.
3) Ask if there is any way you can be praying for them.
FOLLOWING UP WITH YOUR ASSIGNED GROUP OF STUDENTS
1) Follow up on conversation from Sunday that you had with them about something going on in their life.
2) Encourage and challenge them in regards to what you talked about in class on Sunday.
3) Share how you are praying for them and ask if there is anything specific you can be praying for this week.
4) Let them know you are available for them this week!
We want to challenge you to look at your calendar and find 15-20 minutes that you can carve out to contact your students each week. Set a reminder on your phone at this time each week. Before reaching out to your students, spend some time in prayer asking the Spirit to lead and guide this time, empowering you to shepherd the flock that the Lord has entrusted to you!
Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you;not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.
1 Peter 5:2-4