WEEK 5 DISCUSSION GUIDE: 4.29.20
KEY VERSES: James 2:14-17
- Describe a recent time when you have seen God at work in your life.
- How do these verses in James impact the way you view your own faith as a believer?
- What areas in your life have changed after following Christ?
- What are areas in your life need to change to reflect your faith in Christ?
- It is a joy to follow Jesus. But Jesus says when we choose to follow him, the world will fight back. What does this mean for where our commitment level should be?
- What is the greatest promise God gives all believers to help us in our life in Christ? Why is that a game changer?
Pray and thank God for his Spirit. Ask God to give you his strength and joy to continue following him even though the world fights back.
WEEK 4 DISCUSSION GUIDE: 4.22.20
KEY VERSES: Matthew 7:13-14
- What did you give up or what do you need to give up to fully follow Jesus as your master and Lord?
- Just like it talks about in Matthew 7: When have you chosen to follow the narrow road to follow Jesus? Was it worth it in the end?
- What does it look like for you to humble yourself and serve somebody? Who could you serve?
- As Francis Chan said in the video, “Jesus is not only meant to be our Savior but also our example.” What example of Jesus is hard for you to follow?
Pray and ask God for strength to fully follow his example in serving others. Ask God to open your eyes the needs of others around you and wisdom to serve them!
WEEK 3 DISCUSSION GUIDE: 4.15.20
KEY VERSES: Romans 5:6-11
- Based on what you know about the who God is, why does he take sin so seriously?
- What does God sending Jesus to die for the sins of the world tell you about the seriousness of sin but also about the greatness of God’s love?
- Why is Jesus’ death on the cross good news to the world?
- Read Romans 5:10, why is Jesus’ raised life good news to believers?
Thank God for the sacrifice of his son. Pray and ask God to use you to share this good news with people who do not believe. Pray to live in the abundant life that he promises for those who have been made new!
WEEK 2 DISCUSSION GUIDE: 4.8.20
KEY VERSES: James 1:2-12
- What has happened in your life that has made or is still making you question God’s power and love for you?
- In your own words, from what you know about the Bible, what went wrong in the garden of Eden in Genesis 3?
- Read James 1:2-4. What does it look like to “count it all joy” during pain and suffering?
- Think back in your life. Can you think of a time that God has used a hard situation to increase your faith and strengthen you?
- Read James 1:12. What situation in your life are you praying for God to redeem?
Pray and ask God to make you aware of his presence and give you joy when you’re going through difficult times. Pray and ask God to help you turn your eyes outward to help others in tough times.
WEEK 1 DISCUSSION GUIDE 3.25.20
KEY VERSES: Isaiah 40:25-28
- As a family, come up with a list of the greatest marvels of God’s creation that you have seen or would like to see one day.
- Why do you believe it is important to “lift up your eyes” and spend time reflecting on God’s glory and creation?
- This verse tells us that God knows the billions of stars in the sky by name and not a single one is missing! What an incredible truth, right? What does this truth mean for understanding how deeply God knows us?
- Have you ever felt like God wasn’t there for you or didn’t care about what you were going through?
- God isn’t sitting in heaven looking for ways to punish or ignore us. God wants us to find him. He has put different people into our lives and allowed things to happen so we can find our way to him and discover our true purpose in life. What can you do to make God’s beauty and power known in your daily life?
Thank God for the glory of his creation. Confess to God times that you have worshipped created things rather than the Creator. Pray and ask God to give you eyes to see the beauty and splendor of his creation.