There is an awesome opportunity for your seventh and eighth grade student to continue pursuing the Lord right on the couch at home! Deuteronomy 6:4-7 talks about the greatest form of student ministry. God says through Moses,
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.”
This is why we’re excited to bring Switch right into your home! We realize coming together as a family to study God’s word is commanded in the Scriptures so that the next generation never forgets who God is! So, here is how we’re going to do that. Our church has access to a great resource called Right Now Media that has over 3,500 superb videos. It’s been called the Netflix of bible study! Whoa right?! We will be doing a series on Right Now Media called “Greater Than” by Francis Chan. It’s an awesome series for this crazy time that we live in, and I think your student will enjoy watching the video and discussing a few questions as a family.
How do you get Right Now Media? Great question!
- Click HERE to go to our church website to sign up for a FREE
- Click “SIGN UP” on the page to create an account with your information. After that you’re free to watch any bible study you desire. You can also download the app on Apple devices, Apple TV, Android devices, Roku, Amazon Firestick and fireTV.
How do you do the Bible Study? Another great question!
- Decide on what day and time to do the study together as a family. Our suggestion is 7-7:30pm to keep with the rhythm of Switch, however any day or time between Wednesday and Saturday is fine!
- Go to right now media on your tv, tablet, or phone and search for “Greater Than” by Francis Chan. You can add it to your queue to make it easier to find and watch.
- Watch the video together. The video sessions are listed in “days” but we are doing one session per week. So, week 1 is “day 1.” Each video is less than 10 minutes!
- After watching the video, go through the discussion questions which is below and then pray as a family afterwards.
We highly encourage getting the FREE right now media account but if YouTube is easier for you to access, the YouTube video will be included in this weekly email. If at any time you have questions, myself (Kingsley), and Payton are available to answer any questions through call, text, or email. We are praying that this time as a family will be so fruitful and encouraging!
WEEK 1 DISCUSSION 3.25.20
KEY VERSES: Isaiah 40:25-28
- As a family, come up with a list of the greatest marvels of God’s creation that you have seen or would like to see one day.
- Why do you believe it is important to “lift up your eyes” and spend time reflecting on God’s glory and creation?
- This verse tells us that God knows the billions of stars in the sky by name and not a single one is missing! What an incredible truth, right? What does this truth mean for understanding how deeply God knows us?
- Have you ever felt like God wasn’t there for you or didn’t care about what you were going through?
- God isn’t sitting in heaven looking for ways to punish or ignore us. God wants us to find him. He has put different people into our lives and allowed things to happen so we can find our way to him and discover our true purpose in life. What can you do to make God’s beauty and power known in your daily life?
Thank God for the glory of his creation. Confess to God times that you have worshipped created things rather than the Creator. Pray and ask God to give you eyes to see the beauty and splendor of his creation.